Friday, 20 June 2014

Summer Day Makeup.

Summer is fast approaching and we're surprisingly getting some sun in Scotland - I know, shock! haha. Now who want to have a face full of makeup when the sun is shining bright? Not me, hello a face as shiney as the sun. So I've decided to put together my fave statement products for wearing during the summer without going OTT. I'm going to split this post into 2 sections - Summer Day Makeup and Summer Night Makeup. This post will be based on day makeup.

Although this is a summer look foundation will still be a key product as I'm basing the look on going to a beer garden, or garden party with friends so it won't be as subtle as "just going out for the day" - if that was the case I'd have 0 amounts of makeup on my face.

Here's the looked I opted for when going out for drinks with my friends, very simple, and I'll tell you how I created it below;



For my foundation I opted for Illamasqua Light Liquid Foundation - "Light" being the key word here. As it was so sunny I didn't want to have a heavy coverage foundation on. This one gives the perfect coverage whilst still being light wear. I had a few spots so I popped on Collection concealer on as usual as I swear by this.

As I didn't have too much coverage I decided to pop on some bronzer, I used the Sleek contour kit and used the contour colour all over my face using a big powder brush, I only used a minimal amount and went back in with my brush and the same colour to contour the hollows of my cheeks.

I then used the Rose Gold blusher that comes within the kit on the apples of my cheeks and the highlight just along the top of my cheek.

For my eyes I didn't want to get too carried away so I kept it glam but very simple by only applying a set of individual lashes and a slick of Maybelline The Falsies mascara. For my eyebrows I stuck to a brow powder by Jane Iredale which I swear by. 

Last but not least I used a nude Maybelline lipstick to keep things subtle. Although it didn't last too long as the cocktails kept washing it away haha!

The overall look stayed put all night long and I felt it was ideal for a summer day out with the girls! What do you all think?!






2 comments:

  1. Great look Natalie; love it :-) Beautifully natural. Hope you're well & enjoying the sunshine :-)

    x Roch & Tash x
    www.next-route-style.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lovelies! im doing good and enjoying the sunshine! hope you both are too :)

      xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.