Friday, 12 September 2014

Elemis Products: Cleanser & Toner Review.

On August 19th I wrote a blog post that I was going to start writing weekly reviews on Elemis products that I had been given after being on my Elemis Face & Eyes course. Obviously it won't be a shocker to you all I didn't get round to starting the week after, and have since delayed it to now, YAY! It actually makes a change that I've finally got around to writing something I had originally planned, so unusual for me. Since then (in fact as of this week) I have been trained in the Elemis Body course so after I've completed this segment I'll move on to the body products.

As I said in my last post I'm going to start this post with two products as they complement each other. Here's all the info you need to know.


These are Rehydrating Rosepetal Cleanser and Rehydrating Ginseng Toner. 
They both target dry/dehydrated skin which at the moment is ideal for me as my skin is super dry with the cold weather coming in.

The Rehydrating Rosepetal obviously has rosepetal extract in it which soothes and rehydrated the skin. It also helps with the redness of broken capillaries, so anyone suffering from those would benefit greatly from this. It also has Lecithin within it which helps to emulsify any dirt and grime, pretty much doing what it says on the tin (on tube in this case). Intrigued? Well you'll want to know how you use it then I guess. You apply it morning and night like you would a normal cleanser, remove with damp cotton pads before going in with the Rehydrating Ginseng Toner.

The Rehydrating Ginseng Toner again obviously has ginseng extracts in it which helps combat sluggish, dull skill as well as being extremely soothing. The second ingredient in the toner is Sweet Betty Flower (that in itself would make me want to buy it, what a cool name LOL), again this helps cleanse the skin after the initial cleanse, as well as obviously toning the skin and rebalancing the skins pH balance without the use of alcohols. You would apply this after the cleanser with a cotton pad.


The cleanser goes by Elemis' "Our Promise" which means;
- No parabens
- No sodium laureth sulphate - SLS or SLES
- No DEA
- No mineral oil
- No artificial colours
- No silicones

Another bonus is that all Elemis products smell extremely lovely, and although they can be quite pricey they do work and you will always have a product that can target your concerns.

After using the cleanser and toner together daily I've saw a huge difference in my skin, I had a recent breakout on my chin which is something I rarely ever experience and I feel the products helped a lot. 

Left: Before Right: After

The pics are slightly deceiving due to crap lighting, but as you can see my chins a lot more calm in the after picture. Although that may be due to another Elemis product I was using alongside the cleanser and toner (which btw took my makeup of superbly!). Come back to check out next weeks post to see my secret weapon product for breakouts!













No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I appreciate it. I will try and get back to you as soon as possible. If you would like to contact me urgently and privately you can find my e-mail in the PR section at the top of this blog.